The Havahart Easy Set Large 1-Door Animal Trap is the new standard in live animal traps. This patent pending design is easy to set – easy to release. These raccoon traps are perfect for first time trappers: one simple move and the trap is set! This trap is ideal for raccoons, stray cats, groundhogs (woodchucks), opossums, armadillos and similar-sized animals. Havahart Easy Set traps are constructed of sturdy rust-resistant wire mesh with steel reinforcements for long life and galvanized for maximum resistance to rust and corrosion. Mesh openings, smaller than competing traps of comparable size, prevent escapes and stolen bait. Spring loaded doors and sensitive triggers ensure quick, secure captures that target the specific animal''s size, eliminating undesired catches. Solid doors and handle guards protect users during transportation, while smoothed internal edges protect and prevent injuries to animals. These raccoon traps have been field tested. Made in the U.S.A.
We''ve made removing nuisance animals from your yard as easy as it can get! The durable, rust-resistant Easy Set trap from Havahart lets you set and release with just one hand, keeping you far away from the captured animal. The trap features a solid plate covering the top and doors--this serves as a hand guard to limit contact with the animal.
Easy Set traps are simple to set and release ()
A sturdy door lock ensures that the animal will stay put, while the smoothed interior edges protect it from harm. To top off Easy Set traps, a rigid, plastic carry handle makes it easy to transport, holding it away from your body. When it’s time to release, just stand to the rear of the trap and open the door using the patented, safe-release lever on top. Easy Set traps are perfect for first time trappers--one simple move and the trap is set!
|Havahart traps are made in the USA
Spring-loaded doors and sensitive triggers ensure quick, secure captures that target the specific animal''s size, preventing undesired catches. Simply bait the trap following the easy instructions included, and place it outside at dusk, the best time to attract raccoons and other critters.
It’s that easy! No more trash cans knocked over. No more destructive digging in your garden. Take the easy way out with the Easy Set Trap from Havahart. Easy -- Effective -- Safe.
Havahart Traps are proudly made in the USA for over 70 years.
The National Home Gardening Club has tested and approved Havahart traps
- National Home Gardening Club member-tested and approved
- Set and release with just one hand
- Galvanized for rust resistance
- Durable, high tensile steel
- Body is one continuous piece of machine-welded mesh
- Sturdy door lock ensures animal will stay put
- Smooth interior edges protect trapped animal
- Patented, safe-release lever
- Ideal for first time trappers
- Hand guard limits interaction with animal
- Proven efficacy from extensive field testing
- Designed by professional trappers
- Instructions included
- Made in the USA
Q: What bait should I use for my target animal?
Q: Okay, I''ve safely caught the animal, now what should I do?
- Squirrels: Cereal, grains, nuts (especially peanuts) sunflower seeds, anise oil (a drop or two on bread), shelled corn, or apples.
- Armadillos: Meal worms, other worms, or insects enclosed in a little cloth bag, maggots, or sardines.
- Chipmunks: Prune pits, un-roasted peanuts, corn, sunflower seeds, peanut butter, cereal, grains, or popcorn.
- Groundhogs: Fresh string beans, sweet corn, lettuce, peas, cantaloupe, strawberries, cucumbers, peaches, or vanilla extract.
- Opossums: Vegetables, sweet apples, chicken entrails, sardines, crisp bacon, or canned cat food.
- Skunks: Chicken entrails, cracknels, fish-canned or fresh-insect larvae such as may beetles, crisp bacon, or cat food.
- Porcupines: Apples, salt, or carrots.
- Rabbits: Fresh vegetables (brussel sprouts, cabbage, carrots, lettuce), or apples. In the wintertime, bread is a good bait. Spraying the inside of the trap with apple cider is also effective.
- Stray Cats: Fish, meats, oil of catnip, sardines, canned tuna, or chicken.
- Raccoons: Fish, fresh or canned, honey or sugar covered vegetables, smoked fish, watermelon, sweet corn, cooked fatty meat, crisp bacon, or marshmallow.
We recommend contacting the Humane Society, or the local or state game commission to determine the lawful method of releasing a captured wild or nuisance animal before setting the trap. Many species are protected by law in various states.
Q: What are the advantages of using a two-door trap versus a one-door trap?
A: Most people use two-door traps with more cautious animals like squirrels. The thought is that if the animal can see an unblocked path through the trap (since both doors are open), they will have more confidence entering the cage. On the other hand, one-door traps allow the animal to walk further in and past the trip plate. Havahart traps offer both one-door and two-door Easy Set traps to satisfy all customers.
Q: Where should I place the bait?
A: Place some bait on top of the trip plate and some more under the trip plate. You can also place the bait just above the trip plate on the ceiling of the trap. You can even secure or fasten the bait to the mesh by using string or a garbage bag twist tie. This forces the animal to stand on the trigger plate in order to reach the bait. It’s important that the bait isn’t placed in an area where the animal can reach it through the mesh without entering the trap.
Q: What should I do if I catch a skunk?
A: First, find an old cloth, towel or sheet that can be used to cover the trap. Next, approach the trap cautiously, holding the trap covering in front of you. Make sure the covering extends to the ground while holding it--don''t let the skunk see your feet coming as this may alarm the animal. When you''re close enough to the trap, gently cover the trapped animal--trap and all.